Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator
EMPLOYMENT SKILLS WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
Purpose & Objective
The main purpose of the Employment Skills Workshop is to introduce an array of concepts to YES clients that are fundamental when searching for and securing employment opportunities.
The main objective for the Employment Skills Workshop Facilitator volunteer is to facilitate an engaging workshop for our clients to help expedite their pathways to success.
The Facilitator would help to introduce essential skills such as how to fill out a job application properly, how to start building a resume, how to present the “tell me about yourself” elevator pitch to an employer, etc. Facilitators actively engage with our clients in this position, assisting them in identifying their skills and strengths. They also aid in guiding them throughout the workshop, answering any questions or concerns.
Currently, these workshops are being held virtually, unless otherwise noted. These workshops are 2 hours in length, held every other Tuesday from 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Comprehensive training.
- Employment Skills Leader’s Guide with one-on-one review.
- “Train the Trainer” co-facilitating with a current Workshop Facilitator until ready to facilitate alone.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
- Must have experience in a leadership role and love to teach engaging workshops.
- Must observe one Employment Skills workshop and complete the “Train the Trainer” program to learn the curriculum before being scheduled to volunteer.
- Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
- Dress in business casual attire when facilitating workshops (no jeans or t-shirts).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this opportunity. Thank you!