Purpose & Objective
The main purpose for mock interviews is for YES clients to get hands-on practice on what they learned from the Employment Skills Workshop and then apply those skills in a highly practical and useful format.
The objective of a Mock Interview volunteer is to help prepare YES clients for job interviews by providing crucial feedback to help sharpen their interviewing skills and build confidence.
Mock Interviewers help youth practice essential one-on-one interviewing skills that could make or break a chance at a job opportunity. These volunteers aim to assess and offer advice to clients.
Currently, all mock interviews are being held virtually.
Each mock interview appointment is approximately 30-45 minutes long. Time slots are currently scheduled every Wednesday and Thursday (2:00-2:45pm; 3:00-3:45pm; 4:00-4:45pm; and 5:00-5:45pm).
There is the option to select one or more time slots, as desired. These scheduled time slots are subject to change, but they are generally around the same timeframe.
- Orientation and a one-on-one review of the Mock Interviewer Volunteer Packet.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
- Must have a background in HR and/or experience with interviewing and hiring.
- Must go through orientation and training.
- Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
- Dress in business casual attire when conducting interviews (no jeans or t-shirts).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this opportunity.