Purpose & Objective
The main purpose of Resume Consultations is to provide a space where clients can practice the skills learned from the Employment Skills Workshop.
The main objective of a Resume Consultant volunteer is to act as a mentor to YES clients, assisting them in learning how to craft a resume and/or enhance their current resume draft.
Resume Consultants personally assist and mentor youth one-on-one to improve upon resume building and development. Consultants advise clients on what a well-crafted resume entails and seek to improve on what clients have already drafted.
Currently, Resume Consultations are being held virtually. These appointments vary depending on clients’ needs and availability. Resume Workshops are also periodic, please send an email to inquire if interested in learning more about our Resume Workshops.
- Orientation and one-on-one review of the Resume Consultant Volunteer Packet.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
- Must have knowledge about building an adequate resume.
- Must be willing to work one-on-one with a young adult to deliver a personalized approach to resume mentoring.
- Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
- Dress in business casual attire for Resume Consulting appointments (no jeans or t-shirts).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Email email@example.com with any questions regarding this opportunity. Thank you!